2017 November Wrap Up + December TBR

I am done with my first term of college! The last three weeks of the term and finals were really demanding, so unfortunately I only got through four books in November. However, one of these books was super huge, so I still feel pretty accomplished.


First, I got to read The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater. This was on my TBR this month, so I’m really glad I got to it. I first read this book in 2014 and really did not like it, but I enjoyed it this time around! I loved that this book focused more on Ronan and his backstory since he’s my favorite character in this series. I gave this book 4 stars and will definitely be continuing this series!




I also got to the second book on my November TBR, which was Dear Martin by Nic Stone. This book focuses on the story of Justyce, who is arrested and detained for something he didn’t do, and the months after that he processes his arrest. I read this right after it released, and I really liked it overall, especially it’s conversation revolving around interracial relationships. I gave it 4 stars.

Read my review here



Next I finally got to read Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare. I was so daunted by this book because it’s over 700, but, of course, being a Cassandra Clare book it was fantastic. I both read and listened to this audiobook. I loved how diverse this book was, but had to drop down the rating to 4 stars because there were some dead space in the book.
Read my review here





The Temptation of Adam was just not the book for me. I really don’t have much to say about it. I really didn’t like the overall messages of this book and thought it was extremely misogynistic. It sucks too, because it’s getting so much praise from mainstream authors.

Read my review here




As I said before, I finished the term and am on break! I have a lot of time set aside for writing my own book, but I still want to read way more than what I have been lately. Here’s a couple books from my TBR:


I for sure know I’m going to get to All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater because I’m going to start it tonight. I’ve been a fan of Stiefvater for a long time, but my appreciation renewed because I’ve been rereading her Raven Cycle series. However, the premise for this one does sound a lot like The Raven Boys, so I’m a little hesitant.





I have been hearing nothing but good things about Release by Patrick Ness ever since it was released. Plus, it got a good review from Andrew Smith, my favorite author ever. I don’t know a whole lot about this book, but I do know it all takes place in one day and is about a boy’s conflicting identities in and out of religion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Andrew Smith (Probably) Saved My Life

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stievater (2012)

Still Life With Tornado by A.S. King (2016)