2016 September Wrap Up & October TBR

September is gone and over, and so is the first month of school! Because of my schoolwork, I didn’t get to as many books as I wanted, but I still read some good ones! Here they are:

The first book I read in September was Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes, the third book in the Falling Kingdoms series. While I love the first two right away, I had a hard time getting into this one. Eventually, I did really like it, but it took a 100 pages or so. So, I gave this one 4/5 stars.


See my review here



Next I read Art Ops: How to Start a Riot by, like, five different people. This was another comic that I read for Traci, and I liked this one a lot more than Dark Night: A True Batman Story, which I read for her last month. I thought the plot was pretty original, and gave it 3/5 stars.


See my review here






I had been looking forward to reading A Torch Against the Night ever since I finished An Ember in the Ashes, which are both by Sabaa Tahir. I did like this book, but not as much as the first one. I didn’t fully enjoy until about 150 pages in, but I did find the story entertaining. 4/5 stars.


See my review here




                                                                                                                             

Ripple by Heather Smith Meloche was the first book I read for Teenreads.com. To be honest, I wasn’t really excited about reading it, but I fairly enjoyed the story. I really liked that it discussed sex addiction in teenagers. I also liked that the romance wasn’t overdone, but I still didn’t feel fulfilled by the story, so I gave it 3/5 stars.


See my review here




I didn’t even know Firstlife by Gena Showalter existed until the end of August. Granted, it only came out in the spring, but with a book as original as this, I expected more buzz. I loved the concept of this book- that there were two different afterlives, and that they were at war with each other. I honestly have never heard of an idea like this before. Some of the writing fell flat, though, and I gave it 3/5 stars.


See my review here



In retrospect, the plot of Chasing Truth by Julie Cross sounds interesting, despite the horrible cover. This was my second book I read for Teenreads.com, and unlike Ripple, I did not like this book. Like, at all. I know they say don’t judge a book by it’s cover, but this time, maybe I should’ve. 2/5 stars.


See my review here




Lastly, I read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany, and Jack Thorne. I was really hesitant about reading this, since Harry Potter and the whole gang means so much to me. However, I can say I was pleasantly surprised, and gave it 4/5 stars.


See my review here





For the month of October, I really don’t know what I want to read. I have so many books I want to read on my shelves, so it kind of just depends on what I’m into at the time. However, there are some books that I really want to get to.


I know for a fact that I’ll be reading Fear the Drowning Deep by Sarah Glenn Marshi for Teenreads.com this month. I am so excited I got this book since it seems so creepy, which’ll be perfect for Halloween.










I’m pretty sure I put The Weight of Zero by Karen Fortunati on my last TBR, and I definitely want to read it this much, especially since I am going through some similar experiences as the main character

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Andrew Smith (Probably) Saved My Life

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stievater (2012)

Still Life With Tornado by A.S. King (2016)