Unpopular Opinions Book Tag

1. A book everyone else enjoyed that you disliked





On GoodReads, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak has a 4.35/5 average rating, yet I didn’t like it at all. I read it such a long time ago, the only thing I can remember is that I thought it was extremely boring. However, I might pick it up again, because my reading tastes have changed since the last time I read it.


2. A book everyone else disliked but you enjoyed
Image result for dorothy must die
Okay, so it was really hard for me to find a book for this one. Usually, I tend to go with the general opinion. Yes, not everyone disliked Dorothy Must Die, but there’s a lot of mixed reviews on it. I personally really enjoyed it, but I do feel the series is rolling on a downhill, so I know where people are coming from.




3. A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with


I feel that, in general, people weren’t that thrilled with who Lauren Oliver matched Lena with at the end of the Delirium trilogy. I was one of those people.



4. A popular genre you hardly read


Classics haven’t clicked with me yet. I’ve read a few that I’ve actually enjoyed, such as Animal Farm by George Orwell and To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. But there are so many other book I want to read, and classics will always be there.




5. A loved character you didn’t like


You know who it is: Dumbledore from the Harry Potter series. For a while, I actually liked Dumbledore. I thought he was heroic and saved Harry. LIES. Just read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. You’ll get it.




6. A popular author you can’t get into


I’ve tried really hard to enjoy books by Sarah J. Maas, since I hear about her everywhere. I was really excited for A Court of Thorns and Roses, but ended up quitting it. I still went on to read her Throne of Glass series, and it’s just okay. Nothing extraordinary.




7. A YA trope you’re bored of


It seems like almost everyone has written a book about a “rebellious” teenager who goes to boarding school. Or in fantasy novels, where the main character discovers his/her special power, and then goes to a boarding school for it. However, I can’t complain too much, because possibly my favorite book ever, Winger by Andrew Smith, is set in a boarding school.


8. A popular series you have no interest in reading


Ever since 4th grade, the Percy Jackson and the Olympian series has been all the rage. I know I read the first one, and maybe part of the second one, but I never really got into them. At this point, I have no interest in finishing the series.



9. A movie adaptation better than the book

I’m not saying the movie is better than the book, but the Maze Runner movie was just as good as the book. Now, they both have totally different story lines, but as a movie by itself, it was really good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Andrew Smith (Probably) Saved My Life

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stievater (2012)

Still Life With Tornado by A.S. King (2016)